What is an ingrown toenail?
The ingrown toenail is a painful condition, which is caused by the burial of the sharp side of the nail. Pain and fungal infection are seen. A yellow-colored inflammatory discharge may occur where the nail ingrowns into the skin.
What causes ingrown toenail?
Ingrown nail problem may be seen when the nails are larger than normal or the nail bone is more than normal.
- Wearing narrow-molded or high-heeled shoes
- Cut the nails without shape
- Disorders such as fungal infection
- Nail damage
- Story of ingrown toenail in the family
are causes of ingrown toenail.
Ingrown toenail and infection
As a result of ingrown toenail, the discharge in the nail is not always infected. In the case of infection, the existing swelling will worsen and white or yellow pus in the area can be seen. Infectious nail ingestion can cause fever, though it is not common. Surgical intervention may be required if infected nail ingestion is not treated.
How is ingrown toenail treated?
People who have a hand and foot structure prone to ingrown toenail, the following nail care and ingrown toenail treatments should be treated from specialists.
Due to the ingrown toenail between the nail and the tissue is applied by buffering, the side edges of the nail will destroy the tissue and the formation of infection (i.e. fungal infection) is prevented.
Accurate nail cutting
Proper nail cutting is a care treatment that prevents ingrown toenail. In general, cutting the inwardly directed nails in a flat form prevents the nail from going out of the norm.
The most common and effective method of treatment of ingrown toenail is wire application. With the wire application, the nail embedded in the tap is transformed into its own norm.
People who have a ingrown nail problem can get rid of their nails with wire application.
When applied by specialists such as Tuba Türe and Eda Çubukçu, our dermatologists get rid of the ingrown nail problem in minutes without any pain.
What is to be applied at home for the treatment of ingrown nail?
In the early stage of ingrown nail, the methods that can be applied at home can be improved without the need for surgical intervention.
- Soak your feet in hot water for 4 days.
- Rinse your foot twice a day with soapy water.
- Wear comfortable and open shoes.
- Try to remove the corner of the nail that is ingrown. Put a piece of cotton between the nail and the skin. This is painful. After waiting your feet in warm water, push the cotton a little further and again put the cotton every day. Within seven days, your nail will grow and the problem of sinking will be solved.
- Read these stages pain relief for pain.
- A regular document will appear for 3 days.
- Sinking nail will be renewed after 12 months following the surgical treatment.
What do our Dermatology Doctors Tuğba Türe and Eda Tiftikçi say about ingrown nail?
If you have been able to apply the treatment methods at home for 3 days, if there is no improvement, you should go a doctor.
Do not trust the information on the Internet about what kind of ingrown nail treatment and how to do, without face-to-face examination. For this reason, you can contact our dermatology doctors Tuğba Türe and Eda Tiftikçi.